The Accounting Director provides financial, operational and analytical support and is responsible for customer and field support of contract billing, pricing, and contract management while leading the daily operations of the accounting department. This position reports to the VP Finance & Administration and is responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies and US GAAP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for customer and field support of contract billing, pricing, and contract management.
- Supervise accounting support positions and coordinate daily accounting functions including billing, A/R and A/P and payroll.
- Review accounts reconciliation and analyses.
- Review accounting policies and procedures to identify opportunities for improvement, promoting productivity and optimizing results.
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that company assets are protected.
- Provide contract support to Executive Vice President, Regional Managers and Project Managers on bids and contract negotiations.
- Provide contract reporting around safety, manpower and diverse expenditures.
- Monitor and implement quarterly fuel adjustments to contracts.
- Process employee VMII incentive and matching request to client on annual basis.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline and the company.
- Review and approve all employee and vendor expenses weekly.
- Approve all field p-card expenses to make sure that are properly charged to projects.
- Report and lead collection of invoices exceeding contract terms.
- Provide client requested reports regarding staffing, billing, budgets, and projects status when requested.
- Provide operational support on lump sum contracts with our largest client to meet KPI requirements on an annual basis.
- Maintain ISN account information and update on a regular basis.
- Process all consulting related invoicing.
- Prepare, review and submit utility contract invoices.
- Set up all projects in billing system, obtain project numbers and customer numbers when needed from parent company.
- Download weekly and month reports from field reporting, provide uploads for sales force.
- Do monthly WIP and project reviews to determine project status and variance analysis to review with project managers.
- Ensure accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting department objectives and responsibilities. Responsible for continued development of these associates.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA a plus/CPA preferred.
- 10+ years of strong financial, operational and analytical experience.
- At least 5 years demonstrated ability to build, lead and develop a high-performing team of financial professionals.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting required.
- Experience in analyzing business performance and developing financial plans.
- Demonstrated success of implementing new programs/strategies.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to represent the company with a high degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and outstanding written and oral communication skills.
Physical Demands & Working Environment
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Environmental Consultants, Inc., (ECI) is a leading provider of vegetation and asset management consulting services to the utility industry. Successful professionals at ECI have come from a variety of backgrounds, including: forestry, arboriculture, natural resource management, biology, landscape maintenance, horticulture, nursery management, environmental sciences, geology, agriculture, parks & recreation management, urban forestry, geography, and more. ECI offers exciting career opportunities with an excellent compensation package and ongoing growth potential. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment and the challenges of a rewarding profession, consider a career with ECI.
Applicants must pass a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check.
All candidates must possess a valid driver's license and have a good driving record.
ECI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA: Minority / Female / Vets / Disabled.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language:
English – Spanish – Arabic – Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language:
English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: