Barnhill Contracting Company’s success is built on the values, principles and vision of the man – Robert E. Barnhill, Sr. – whose name we proudly bear. Robert Barnhill built this company on a foundational belief that there is power in people. He was a motivator. A hard worker. A leader of leaders. His passion for people and his firm belief in the Golden Rule – treating others as you want to be treated – still drive us today. We are firm, flexible and honest. We do the right thing, every single time. We empower our leaders in the field to be decision makers. We are easy to work with – a core philosophy that is both intentional and deliberate. One that requires discipline. Grit. All of these qualities, along with our founder’s vision, have helped grow Barnhill Contracting Company into one of the Southeast’s leading contractors.
Our success is built from the dedicated service of each and every one of our employees. Construction is hard work – long hours and immense pressure to meet critical deadlines – and we are proud to employ the most talented group of people in the industry. When you join the Barnhill team, you become part of the Barnhill Family.
Perform asphalt roller operator duties described below on an asphalt paving lay down crew.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operates tandem or three wheel steel roller for compacting newly paved asphalt surfaces.
- May oil, grease, service and make normal operating adjustments to the equipment.
- Operates from platform of the machine and moves levers, pedals or throttle to move and guide the machine.
- May guide and direct dump trucks while backing up to the hopper.
- May perform other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications & Training:
- One year experience but will train the right person
- Encourage a valid NC Driver's License
- Willingness to learn multiple tasks of the paving operation.
- Ability to abide by precise instructions and strict but necessary safety rules and policies.
- Must be a reliable/trustworthy team player and maintain a good attendance and safety record.
Tasks Essential to Job Functions:
- The job requires the following motions: standing, walking, stretching, bending, lifting, pulling, twisting, throwing, reaching and squatting.
- Requires regular lifting of or in excess of 25 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds.
- Walking and standing may require a full day of 12 to 15 hours.
- Will be exposed to sometimes extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Overtime work is required.
- Job requires riding to and from work. If the driving of a company vehicle is required then the guidelines of the company driver qualification standards must be met.
What We Offer:
- Choice of Health Insurance options (BCBSNC)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Program
- Corporate Chaplains of America
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English