FINEOS projects require highly motivated individuals who thrive in a technically challenging landscape. This is not a pure "development" role - an aptitude for considering the bigger picture, the knowledge to consider all options, the innovation to select the best solution, and the determination to take the solution to completion, while maintaining a focus on delivering quality and value to the customer.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience developing web based Java applications and integrations.
• Working as a member of a team or on their own to deliver high quality and maintainable software solutions, to strict deadlines.
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision, relied upon for critical tasks and accept leadership roles when called upon to do so.
• Participate in the software development lifecycle; technical analysis and design, development and unit test phases.
• Interacting with internal and external customers of the organisation, to clarify requirements, design and develop solutions.
• Mentoring of less experienced staff where appropriate e.g. development best practices, peer review of designs, code and tests.
• Working effectively with Test Engineering Team to resolve open issues in an efficient manner.
• Ability to identify, deliver and drive improvements and innovations within the development area.
• Compile and review estimates around all technical aspects of a solution
• Ensure all aspects of good design and construction are delivered, including: o Performance, scalability and security
o Modularity, interoperability and upgradability
o Work with peers within the client organization to ensure a successful delivery
• Work closely with the Lead Technical and Business Consultants to review requirements handover
• Provide detailed planning and tracking information to Development leads and project management
• Work closely with Solution Architects for direction and compliance
• Deploy FINEOS solutions in house and onsite • Advanced Troubleshooting of FINEOS solutions
• Promote and live the FINEOS values and increase positive relations with team, customers, prospects and partners.
• Strong experience in a technically challenging development role
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Strong JAVA development skills
• including J2EE technologies such as:
o JSP, JMS, JNDI o XML related technologies
o Application servers: Websphere, Weblogic, Tomcat o Databases: DB2, Oracle, SQL Server
o Development Tools: Apache Ant, Maven, Junit, Eclipse, Subversion
• Experience using one or more of the following middleware and integration technologies: SOAP (over HTTP/JMS), WebsphereMQ, SOA, AquaLogic (Oracle Service Bus)
• Good general technical knowledge, focus on quality with an appreciation of the customer deliverables
• Experience in the development of large scale HTML based java applications
• Provide detailed planning and tracking information to project management
• Review estimates around all technical aspects of a solution
• Committed to creating readable, reliable and maintainable code and come up to speed quickly on new technologies.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.