The Human Resources Manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resources function.
ESSENTIAL/ NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide ongoing assistance to managers and staff in all areas of human resources such as recruitment, disciplinary action, and equal employment opportunity to ensure fair treatment and compliance with laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Manage the employee appraisal process and help managers develop their employees.
- Create and manage the updating of Company policies and procedures and serve as a resource to management and employees regarding interpretation and application of Company policies
- Manage and monitor training database system and the Talent Management Portal
- Act as leave of absence administrator manage all tracking and provide monthly reports for FMLA, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Workman’s Comp, Maternity Leaves and other approved leaves once determination of status has been made
- Manage recruiting process including applicant flow, screening, interviewing and offer letters. Complete background checks for employees including references, criminal and credit when applicable
- Manage new hire and on-boarding and orientation process as well as ensure the correct new hire set up, status changes and pay adjustments are completed correctly
- Manage records retention and purge files on regular schedule and ensure they are properly destroyed
- Responsible for HR Compliance to laws and regulations.
- Conduct investigations, compile reports, develop position statements and follow-up with employees in a timely manner
- Additional duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Required Education and Experience:
- 2-3 years of human resources generalist experience preferred
- 2 years of human resources management experience preferred
- Experience with HRIS systems
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
Supervises others: Yes
Has hiring and terminating responsibilities: Yes
Number of employees report to this job: 1
Travels: Yes, as needed
Percent of time: up to 25% of time
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.