As a Truck Driver on our team, you will be responsible for transporting dirt, aggregate, asphalt, hot mix and/or equipment to job site locations. Trucks driven may include semi (belly dump, Tri-Dump, end dump, flatbed), tandem or quad dump trucks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely operates assigned truck to pick up, transport, and deliver equipment or materials such aggregate, hot mix, asphalt or dirt.
- Secures loads for safe transport in compliance with safety regulations and company policies.
- Works closely with other crew members during pickup and delivery to coordinate work and ensure safety.
- Assists with loading and unloading truck as needed.
- Performs pre and post trip inspections and ensures that truck is clean and in safe, proper working order.
- Completes documentation for inspections, prorate, and other compliance.
- Reports to dispatcher/shop when truck needs maintenance and repair.
- Maintains orderliness, cleanliness and safety at jobsite(s).
- Follows Supervisor’s instructions closely.
Skills and Abilities:
- Understand and adhere to all safety regulations.
- Understand and adhere to the Personal Protection Equipment requirements.
- Commercial Drivers License A
- Current DOT Health Card
- Tanker Endorsement
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Walk, bend, kneel, lift, stretch and sit.
- Work extended hours out of doors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Travel and some Saturday work required.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.