Do your friends and family consider you the “personable one” or the “sales person” in your group? Do you love building relationships? Do you consider yourself a “closer” and have the ability to sell new memberships to prospects to join our Association? Are you comfortable talking to Business Owners, CEOs and CFOs and getting them excited about sponsoring our successful events? Are you a charismatic and strategic thinker with a real passion for selling event sponsorships and memberships? Would you want to work for a leading-edge trade association and be at the epicenter of the construction industry? Do you consider yourself high energy, eager and enthusiastic? If so, we may have a position for you.
Carolinas AGC (Associated General Contractors) is a nearly one-hundred-year-old organization located in Charlotte, NC, and is the largest trade association in the construction industry for both North and South Carolina. We are seeking a motivated and experienced Sales Executive for Sponsorships & Suppliers. This position is ideal for a strong business development, sales or sponsorship person with at least five years’ experience and offers long-term career growth potential with excellent benefits for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will be someone that has deep skills, knowledge and experience in sponsorships, tradeshows, meetings & events and leadership. They have proven success in elevating an organization’s or company’s sponsorship and event experience or selling memberships or both. They possess exceptional customer service and organizational skills, attention to detail including writing scripts for two annual meetings, and a professional demeanor. The ideal candidate must thrive in a challenging and fast-paced atmosphere where prioritizing and multi-tasking are the norm. We’re looking for someone will endless enthusiasm, a problem solver, has the ability to sell, is a strong team player who can also delegate and follow-up and hit “home runs” for one of our most important lines of business. This is a full-time and salaried position.
The Sales Executive for Sponsorships & Suppliers is responsible for growing meeting & event sponsorships, supplier memberships and other non-dues revenue streams through the direct sales of sponsorship products and services to strategic industry accounts, prospects and existing Association members. The position also contributes to the revenue growth of the Association thru managing the overall sales relationship with the Supplier Memberships category. This role will also lead the research, selection and implementation of new affinity and non-dues revenue relationships with strategic partners.
- Event Sponsorship: research/cultivation/solicitation.
- New Supplier Memberships: Develop Leads & Prospects and Sell Supplier New Memberships.
- Sponsorship execution: executing the marketing/advertising commitments made to our sponsors.
- Events: Assisting Director of Events & Meetings with planning and execution of CAGC events.
- Affinity Programs for other Non-Dues Revenue streams: Assist with Selection & Oversee Execution.
- Proven sales performer with a strong track record of executive-level engagement, relationship building, strategic, consultative sales skills and partner development. Strong success record of closing sales and meeting goals.
- Sales and client management experience, with a strength in building lasting client relationships and delivering financial results
- High energy with a strong drive to win. Background of progressive advancement.
- Multiple backgrounds will be considered:
- Minimum of 5 years-experience in Business Development, Partnership Management, Sponsorship Sales or Strategic Alliances.
- Experience selling comprehensive solutions to large companies including corporate sponsorships, media, licensing, events, programs and/or research, is required.
- Construction industry sales experience, desirable but not required. Existing relationships in key markets and deep knowledge of our industry, a plus.
- Experience in new business recruitment and member retention with the ability to successfully promote programs, products, and services to members, preferably in a trade association environment, is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work independently or with minimal supervision
- Results oriented with demonstrated capability of meeting tight deadlines
- Instill confidence and trust among event attendees; positively represent CAGC to members and vendors; effectively work with CAGC employees at all levels
- Ability to navigate cross-functionally and also work collaboratively.
- Self-starter, who is a motivated initiator, versatile and willing to take risks to aggressively grow the organization.
- Ability to persuasively communicate complex concepts and programs at the highest levels, including an ability to create and deliver convincing arguments verbally and in writing, is desired.
- Excellent written, oral and presentations skills; showcased in a clear and concise manner
- Strong organizational skills
- Problem-solving and strong negotiation skills
- Time and Territory management skills
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills
- Computer literate (Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint applications, and CRM software). Experience with IMIS Association Management Software preferred but not required.
- Willingness and ability to travel when job requires. Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.