- Ithaca, NY 14850
- Cortland, NY 13045
- Lexington, NY 12452
We are currently seeking a Trimmer / Climber to join our team.
- Trims and/or removes trees by climbing with the aid of a ladder, safety belt, climbing line, powered trimmer lift truck, or works from the ground using gasoline, air, and hand-powered saws, pruner, etc. He/she cuts branches or trunk sections and drops or lowers them to the ground with lines.
- Uses wedges, sledges, and chain saws in felling trees or trimmed trunks and in cutting and splitting logs into manageable pieces.
- Sprays stumps and brush with hand-spraying equipment to prevent further growth.
- Loads and unloads trucks with logs, stumps, brush, and debris and/or feeds brush into a wood chipper.
- Repairs slight damage to lawns, fences, and walks caused by tree trimming.
- Services gasoline, air, and hand-powered tools and other equipment.
- Relays hand-signals, directs traffic, drives, and operates trucks and equipment, as assigned and keeps trucks and work area clear and orderly, as well as helps train new employees.
- Performs other related work, as assigned by superiors.
- Safeguards employees and public from hazards in and around work area. Cooperates with customer, police, and fire departments when blocking street or driveways. Sets up barriers, warning signs, flags, markers, etc. to protect employees and public. Trained to perform tree and bucket rescue.
- Assumes responsibility for the inspection and proper working conditions of tools, truck, and other work equipment. Requests repair or replacement, when necessary. Maintains good housekeeping on truck and at work locations.
- Works around hazardous equipment
- Works in close proximity to energized power lines
- Works in all temperatures and weather and will be exposed to nature i.e., irritating plants and biting or stinging insects, and dust.
- Works around excessive noise from machines, chain saw, wood chipper and other equipment, with hearing protection.
- Work will be performed at varying heights above ground.
- Works on unlevel terrain.
- Works will be performed at varying heights while secured.
- Works around falling limbs.
- Exposure to traffic hazards.
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to wear necessary PPE as per task assigned.
- Must be able to safely drive an approved company vehicle.
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e. rain, heat, sun, cold.
- Must be able to traverse various terrains.
- Must be able to write, read and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
- Must be able to work with hands above head for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to walk, climb, and work from ladders, or at various heights, on uneven and slippery surfaces, performing mentally/physically demanding work under unfavorable weather conditions while handling equipment or material.
- Must have own transportation to and from the show up location.
- Must be able to lift, move and maneuver heavy weights up to 50 pounds on an infrequent basis, but up to 10 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must have endurance necessary to perform these duties throughout a standard eight or ten hour day. Must be able to work long hours and overtime during holidays, emergencies, weekends, etc. Subject to call out work.
- Must have sufficient eye sight to judge distances and coordination to get and use the appropriate equipment and tools.
- Must be able to operate and service all required tools and equipment.
- Must have good hand-to-eye coordination.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Must be able obtain a valid CDL.
- Must submit to a background check.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Must be willing to pay union dues.
- Must be referred by IBEW Local 1249.
|Stooping||X||Range of Motion||X|
|Kneeling||X||Hearing - Speech Range||X|
|Body Twisting||X||Color Vision||X|
|Sense of Touch||X||Carrying||X|
|Seeing Distant||X||Climbing Ladders||X|
|Climbing On/Off Truck||X||Climbing Stairs||X|
|Gripping||X||Lifting up to 10 lbs||X|
|Lifting over 10 lbs to 50 lbs||X||Lifting up to 50 lbs||X|
|Rarely = less than 10%|
|Occasionally = up to 33%|
|Frequently = up to 66%|
|Continously = 67% to 100%|
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language:
English – Spanish – Arabic – Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language:
English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: