- Houston, TX 77081
- La Porte, TX 77571
Founded in 1918 The Way Companies have excelled by pioneering new mechanical system technologies and always striving to be at the forefront of technological innovation. Way’s team consists of Professional Engineers, Project Managers, Certified Energy Managers, a dedicated Customer Service department, Marketing and Sales professionals, Service Managers, a Quality Control Service Director, and close to 100 service technicians. Being a part of Way Companies is like being a part of a family.
Business Unit: The Way Companies
Department: Houston Area
Project Development & Sales
This position will report to the VP of Technical Sales. The primary objective of this role is to identify and develop technical facility solutions for building owners and managers. In addition, this person will manage successful customer accounts during and after the implementation phase of projects and other service related work.
- The role will include the management of a sound business plan for accounts within the designated sales region including the preparation of Account Development Plans for those accounts and region.
- This role is a technical sales role, requiring the candidate to have a high technical aptitude regarding the commercial HVAC market.
- Candidate must have ability to conduct thorough questioning sessions with clients/prospects, perform in-depth technical analysis of building systems and develop sound solutions that solve complex technical facility issues.
- Candidate will have primary responsibility for the design and estimating functions of the solution oriented process.
- Must be able to apply market and account skills necessary for dealing with specific target audiences.
- This individual will make sales presentations to customers for the delivery of technical solutions at facilities within the designated vertical.
- The role will also include the production of weekly, or more frequent as deemed necessary by management, sales management reports utilizing Way Documentation.
- In addition to generating new business, this position will also be responsible for ensuring excellent customer service and account management providing pre and post-sales support.
- This position will also support the marketing activity by staffing key industry events in the area.
- Heavy experience in selling HVAC Business to Business with the C & D levels.
- Strong HVAC technical aptitude.
- Understanding of airside and hydronic systems.
- Experience with and knowledge of building automation systems and other low voltage building systems.
- General understanding of building design and construction.
- Ability to perform conceptual technical design and estimating.
- Strong detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to deal and interact with executive level decision makers.
- Must be self directed and able to learn business and new products quickly.
- Ability to work and contribute as an effective team player in a fast paced sales environment.
- Must have proven product and customer knowledge to educate customers on pricing and the application of competitive advantages to meet or exceed customer needs.
- Excellent database, spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Motivated team player 5-7 years of proven successful HVAC/technical sales experience. Undergraduate degree in engineering or technical curriculum highly preferred. ME, EE, PE, CEM or CMVP desired.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English