At Haines, our people are the backbone of our operation, and they are like family. We believe that happy employees lead to happy customers…and there is no better time to be at Haines than right now! We are on a new journey of growth and change—building on our strong heritage and the commitment of all our associates—and we are looking for talented, hard-working and loyal people to join our distribution family.
Founded in 1874 on the company’s core values of providing customers with superior service and products, Haines is among the oldest privately held companies in America. It is the largest floor covering distribution company in the country with operations covering the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast.
We provide competitive salaries, generous benefits, a business casual work environment and fun employee outings and events. Most importantly, we offer opportunities. Everyone in the organization has the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company and enjoy the ability to grow their career. In fact, throughout the history of our company many of our company’s leaders started in entry-level positions and worked their way up.
To learn more about the Haines experience, please visit www.jjhaines.com
We are currently seeking a Part-Time Warehouse Associate (7:00am - 12:00pm) to work in our York, PA facility.
General Job Details:
- Stage picked material into racks as required
- Pull material from staging or storage locations and ensure the customer receives the correct item, quantity and that the product is undamaged
- Load materials into customer vehicles
- Build and assemble product by customer using load sheets and load onto truck to allow driver to unload assuring that material is correct and not damaged
- Check load sheet to ensure all materials are properly selected and staged for load out as required
- Load trailers in accordance with proper weight distribution charts; Ensure all materials from the dock and staging area are loaded properly; Unload and stage transfer trucks as required
- Check assigned staging bins for any old or unmarked material and report to the supervisor
- Ensure all materials are received utilizing the methods as directed by the receiving supervisor and recorded accurately, reporting damage or inaccuracies immediately
- Confirm and adjust inventory through quarterly cycle counts
- Ensure safety measures are in place within the workspace, with work equipment and machinery, PPE, etc.
- Clean and sweep dock and all areas in the warehouse
- Assist with any will calls
- Forklift experience required, pole experience a plus
- Minimum of 1-2 years of warehouse experience
- Ability to lift, push, pull and/or carry up to 80 pounds,
- Basic computer, reading, writing and math skills (MS Office experience preferred)
- High school diploma or equivalent
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.